Sunday, March 3, 2013

Beeswax Cotton Wraps vs Plastic

We've been trying to eliminate plastic storage containers for sometime. It is a lot harder to do than one would think.

We live in a modern world where everything is disposable and plastic is abundant. You would think we could come up with an alternative.

I have switched to using paper freezer paper as much as possible. But nothing beats a Ziploc freezer bag for convenience.

Last year we also switched to mason jars for everything we could store in the frig or pantry. Even left overs go in mason jars.

But let's face it ... not everything will fit in a mason jar. I still find myself using ziplocs or little recycled plastic containers.

A couple of days ago I stumbled upon a blog that has a tutorial for beeswax cotton clothes.

I want to order some beeswax, make some and see if I can get some practical use out of them.

Here's the tutorial:

http://myhealthygreenfamily.com/blog/wordpress/plastic-wrap-alternative-diy-beeswax-cotton-wraps/

No comments:

Post a Comment